The leaders main duties are developing strategies and visions, building culture and teams and achieving financial success.
Company culture builds in many ways but the leader sets the tone.
People in the organizations do the work and they are profoundly affected by culture. They won’t achieve performance if not managed in an appropriate way. People have a choice. They pick their places to work. A great place to work can attract and retain the very best.
If vision is where the company is going, values are the path to walk on to get there. In the “Transformation Nexus © Ralf Schiffer; www.rs-tcs.com” the link between value chain and cultural dimensions are combined. Values are conveyed through actions and reactions amongst teams.
Communicating is the key. People are receiving messages differently and in accordance to their values and culture. Respecting diversity and building an accepted culture in the organization is essential.
My coaching helps leaders to avoid pitfalls. RS-TCS helps leaders stay connected with the organization to become more successful. Excerpt of what will be touched on along my methodology “Transformation Nexus”:
- Pace. Forcing won’t help in diverse and multicultural organizations. Keep the pace that works for the organization.
- Stay connected. Show respect for everybody in the organization, regardless origin. All your people in the organization are turning visions into reality. The organization is best assembled if leaders can learn from their people. If a leader can do the job of workers, the organization doesn’t have the right people—no innovation, no efficiency, no competitiveness.
- Listen and learn. What works for your organization and what doesn’t. Don’t judge about comments but listen and learn. Leaders experience is best used if leaders experience encourage people in the organization to contribute to the success of the company with their know-how and
- Share. Leaders serve the organization. Leaders communicate about peoples job fitting and the task they do for the companies success. It is the leaders role to help and make everyone understand how jobs link to the vision. Leaders explain and are the coach to convey messages with intercultural empathy.
- Acknowledge. Cultural dimensions do have an influence onto visions and strategy (see before). Without the people in the organization, visions and plans wouldn’t count too much. Leaders are acknowledged as leaders if people receive acknowledgment and credit of their performance and results.
- Hire and Fire. Each project and task requires “must-have” skills. Leaders are to define those skills and identify “the best of the best” for the team by developing combined cultural and competence criteria catalogues before hiring. Leaders should avoid hiring mistakes as it forces firing those who don’t fit.